The Saf-T-Brace allows you to safely install a ceiling fan or light fixture without access to attic space, and provides secure attachment to an existing ceiling joist. Ideal for installation during new construction or remodeling, the mounting brace can also be installed in finished ceilings through a hole large enough to fit the box. Each end of the Saf-T-Brace includes four teeth for an extra-strong grip and screws into joists independently for added security and stability. For added ease, the electrical box can be positioned anywhere on the brace to fit your project needs.
The heavy-duty, 1-1/2 inch, all-metal electrical box, with 15.5 inch wiring capacity has dual mounting capability for lightweight or heavier fans and fixtures. For fixture support up to 150 pounds on 16-inch centers, and up to 50 pounds on 24-inch centers. It is acceptable for fan support up to 70 pounds.
Saf-T-Brace, which includes, electrical box, one Romex connector, Saf-T-Cap, mounting hardware, and instructions.
Westinghouse is a trusted, global brand. We know lighting and offers products with exceptional quality, reliability and functionality.
Product reference number 01010FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Design allows secure installation for new construction, or remodel applications without attic access
- Four teeth for extra-strong grip and screws into joists for additional security and stability
- Includes Saf-T-Cap to protect inner workings during drywall installation or painting
- Use in new construction or remodel applications for ceiling fans of any style
- Supports fans up to 70 pounds
- Mount lighting fixture or chandelier
- Supports lighting fixtures up to 150 pounds on 16-inch centers
- Supports lighting fixtures up to 50 pounds on 24-inch centers
- Box Depth: 1-1/2-inches
- Wiring capacity: 15.5-cubic-inches
- Fits ceiling joists between 16 and 24 inches wide
- Both ends independently screw into joists
- Four teeth and screw for an extra-strong grip
- Fast fingertip expansion and positive attachment
- 10-24 threads for ceiling fans and chandeliers
- 8-32 threads for cover plates and lightweight lighting fixtures
- Includes six 1/2-inch Romex or conduit knockouts, one Romex connector
How to Buy
Can be purchased through many online and retail stores.