The Saf-T-Bar allows you to safely install a ceiling fan or light fixture and provides secure attachment to a ceiling joist. Ideal for installation during new construction or remodel in locations where the attic is accessible. Designed for engineered truss application, the bar's end bracket has a 90-degree angle lip for easy positioning, and its square tube adds strength to the design. For added ease, the electrical box can be positioned anywhere on the bar to fit your project needs.
The Saf-T-Bar features a heavy-duty, 1-1/2 inch, all-metal electrical box, with 15.5 inch wiring capacity, and dual mounting capability for lightweight or heavier fans and fixtures. For fixture support up to 150 pounds on 16-inch centers, and up to 90 pounds on 24-inch centers. It is acceptable for fan support up to 70 pounds.
Saf-T-Bar, which includes, electrical box, one Romex connector, Saf-T-Cap, mounting hardware, and instructions.
Westinghouse is a trusted, global brand. We know lighting and offers products with exceptional quality, reliability and functionality.
Product reference number 01525FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Design allows secure installation for new construction, or remodel applications with attic access
- Saf-T-Bar features a square tube for extra strength, and can be used with engineered truss
- Includes Saf-T-Cap to protect inner workings during drywall installation or painting
- Use in new construction for ceiling fans of any style
- Use in remodel applications with access to attic space
- Install a ceiling fan up to 70 pounds
- Mount lighting fixture or chandelier
- Install fixtures up to 150 pounds on 16-inch centers
- Install fixtures up to 90 pounds on 24-inch centers
- Box Depth: 1-1/2-inches
- Wiring capacity: 15.5-cubic-inches
- Fits ceiling joists between 16 and 24 inches wide
- Can be used for engineered truss application
- 90-degree angled lip on end bracket for easy placement
- 10-24 threads for ceiling fans and chandeliers
- 8-32 threads for cover plates and lightweight lighting fixtures
- Includes six 1/2-inch Romex or conduit knockouts, one Romex connector
How to Buy
Can be purchased through many online and retail stores.