The Sidemount Plus Fan Box allows you to safely install a ceiling fan or light fixture without access to attic space, and provides secure attachment to an existing ceiling joist. Ideal for remodel applications, it can be installed in finished ceilings through a hole large enough to fit the box. To install it in a finished ceiling, simply mount the bracket to a joist through a 4-inch hole in the drywall, pull the wire into the box, and remount the box to the bracket.
The Sidemount Plus features a heavy-duty, 2-1/8 inch, all-metal electrical box, with 21.5 inch wiring capacity. The box is UL listed to support fans and light fixtures up to 70 pounds. Features dual mounting capability, with 10-24 threads for heavier fans and fixtures, and 8-32 threads for cover plates and lightweight lighting fixtures.
Sidemount Plus Fan Box, which includes sidemount bracket, electrical box, one Romex clamp, Saf-T-Cap, mounting hardware, and instructions.
Westinghouse is a trusted, global brand. We know lighting and offer products with exceptional quality, reliability and functionality.
Product reference number 01240FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Design allows secure installation for new construction, or remodel applications without attic access
- Includes Saf-T-Cap to protect inner workings during drywall installation or painting
- Use in new construction or remodel applications for ceiling fans of any style
- Replace existing nail-on boxes directly through ceiling
- Supports fans up to 70 pounds
- Supports lighting fixtures up to 70 pounds
- Depth: 2-1/8 inches
- Wiring capacity: 21.5-cubic-inches
- Attaches directly to building structure
- 10-24 threads for ceiling fans and heavier fixtures
- 8-32 threads for cover plates and lightweight lighting fixtures
- Included three 1/2-inch Romex or conduit knockouts, two sets of Romex knockouts, one Romex clamp
How to Buy
Can be purchased through many online and retail stores.