The Saf-T-Brace allows you to safely install a ceiling fan or light fixture without access to attic space, and provides secure attachment to an existing ceiling joist. Ideal for installation during new construction or remodeling, the mounting brace can also be installed in finished ceilings through a hole large enough to fit the box. Three teeth on each end of the brace easily twist and lock into the ceiling joists, its threaded multiple lead adjusts quickly, and its square tube allows for easy turning. For added ease, the electrical box can be positioned anywhere on the brace to fit your project needs.
The Saf-T-Brace features a heavy-duty, 1-1/2 inch, all-metal electrical box, with 15.5 inch wiring capacity and dual mounting capability for lightweight or heavier fans and fixtures. For fixture support up to 150 pounds on 16-inch centers, and up to 50 pounds on 24-inch centers. It is acceptable for fan support up to 70 pounds.
Saf-T-Brace, which includes, electrical box, one Romex connector, Saf-T-Cap, mounting hardware, and instructions.
Westinghouse is a trusted, global brand. We know lighting and offers products with exceptional quality, reliability and functionality.
Product reference number 01100FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Design allows secure installation for new construction, or remodel applications without attic access
- Three teeth for strong grip twist and lock into joists for additional security and stability
- Includes Saf-T-Cap to protect inner workings during drywall installation or painting
- Use in new construction or remodel applications for ceiling fans of any style
- Supports fans up to 70 pounds
- Mount lighting fixture or chandelier
- Supports lighting fixtures up to 150 pounds on 16-inch centers
- Supports lighting fixtures up to 50 pounds on 24-inch centers
- Box Depth: 1-1/2-inches
- Wiring capacity: 15.5-cubic-inches
- Fits ceiling joists between 16 and 24 inches wide
- Quick adjustable, threaded multiple lead
- Fast fingertip expansion and positive attachment
- Teeth easily twist and lock into ceiling joists
- 10-24 threads for ceiling fans and chandeliers
- 8-32 threads for cover plates and lightweight lighting fixtures
- Includes six 1/2-inch Romex or conduit knockouts, one Romex connector
How to Buy
Can be purchased through many online and retail stores.